Thursday, June 2, 2011

Do you have a Burry's story to tell?

We love hearing from our customers what it is that keeps them coming back to shop at Burry's.  Do you have a story to tell?  If so, please let us know.  We'd love to hear it!

Here's what Marty Brown had to say:
"We moved to Hartsville a few years ago, and we were quickly drawn in by the beautiful and vibrant downtown area.  How rare, in these days of huge corporations and big box stores, to find a walkable downtown area with shops that have been in operation for several generations.  Burry Bookstore is one of our family favorites, and we have committed to doing all our book and gift shopping there in an effort to keep what we have.  Emily and all the women who work there always greet us and help lead us to what we need, or they let us browse for as long as we want.  Even my extended family makes a stop in Burry Bookstore when they are visiting the grandkids, because the large city where they live has no such treasure!
            I especially love the variety of quality books and toys for children.  We're always proud to give gifts from Burry, because we know they are toys and books of lasting value.  My children can play in the children's area while I browse the shelves, and have done so for long stretches.   For myself, I enjoy the cookbook and gardening sections, where I can find helpful books that are regionally specific.  I always make a stop at the stationery section, as well.  If I know of a book that isn't on the shelves, I've used the online shopping, or requested that the bookstore order something, and I enjoy picking it up right in the store."

No comments:

Post a Comment