Here are mine:
- Significantly more money re-circulates in your community when purchases are made at locally owned businesses.
- Purchasing locally grows your community's tax base.
- Most new jobs are provided by local businesses.
- Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise which results in better customer service.
- Non profit organizations receive an average of 350% greater support from local business owners than they do from non-locally owned business.
"Some people think shopping 'away' in another town or city is better than shopping locally. Why is that? Have you shopped at Burry Bookstore recently? Did you attend an author’s booksigning or place an order for a special book? I did. In an age when technology sometimes isolates us, it is nice to see a familiar face and hear a friendly voice."